Must-have Make-up Brushes in Your Make-up Kit
If you are a professional make-up artist, your kit is an essential part of your everyday life. Just like your portfolio, your make-up kit is something that should constantly change and expand, as what you do not have or do have in your kit can be the difference between an amateur and an expert. Buying the right brushes is not always an easy task, as there is a wide variety of make-up brushes available on the market today. So, to help you complete your make-up kit, we have listed the best make-up brushes that you will need.
· Foundation Brush #940 – guaranteed to be your best friend, the foundation brush can be used to apply any type of foundation, from liquid to cream. Starting from the centre and working outwards, the unique shape of this brush can do wonders when it comes to a flawless finish, offering total coverage. Your make-up kit will simply not be complete without one.
· Angled Blush Brush – great for contouring and defining, a blusher brush is designed to be angled and soft. Used to apply blusher and bronzer across the apples of the cheeks, a quality blusher brush must blend, instead of picking up colour as it sweeps across skin.
· Eye Shadow Brush #800 – you canhave the best brand of eye shadow, but if you do not have the right brush to apply it, it can look shoddy and cheap. An eye shadow brush is perfect for blending your eye shadow along the crease of your lids.
· Brow Brush and Comb – as the name suggests, you can use this brush for separating eyelashes and taming both rogue eyelashes and brows. An eyebrow brush is also designed to smooth your brows down and get unwanted mascara clumps out of your lashes.
· Powder Brush – typically short, this is the monster brush of your make-up kit. The most common of all brushes, this powder brush is used to apply face powder flawlessly in a sweeping circular motion, and is a must in the world of make-up artistry.
· Lip Brush – a vital part of your make-up kit, a thin lip brushis designed to meticulously allow lipstick or gloss to be applied more lusciously to the lips, and is ideal for making small lips look big.
· Smudge Brush #810 – as the coveted Smokey eye never seems to go out of fashion, this is a brush that you will use daily. Thanks to its super soft bristles, a smudge brush helps to obtain that smouldering look as you smudge away. Don’t leave home without it!
A brush set is one of the top essentials for all professional make-up kits. The aim of a make-up artist is to apply make-up in such a way that it looks like your client was born that way, and the right set of professional brushes can help you achieve that flawless professional look. As you evolve as a make-up artist, you will learn which brushes you enjoy working with the best – but to start off with, take a look at our unique collection of MUD brushes, which can be purchased with our professional MUD make-up kit.
Back to Blog >>